Many efforts in Washington focus on the privatization of Medicare to perpetuate a fragmented multi-payer financing model that is unsustainable and increases administrative costs. One-third of all Medicare beneficiaries are now on private Medicare Advantage plans, which have become major profit centers for commercial insurances who game the system to cover only the healthy. The best means to universal healthcare is one single large risk pool, traditional Medicare insurance.
Washington Efforts to Privatize Medicare
- How Washington Gets Health Care Wrong by Michele Swenson
- Medicare Advantage is a Trojan Horse for Privatization of Medicare by Michele Swenson
- Rapid Growth of Medicare Advantage Employer Group Waiver Plans Commentary by Don McCanne, M.D. Nov. 1, 2018
- How to Choose a Medicare Plan: Is No Monthly Premium Really Better? by Trudy Lieberman, Tarbell.org Nov. 27, 2018
- Three Ways to Cut — and Improve — Medicare by Ed Weisbart, MD PNHP January 17, 2018 STAT News
- This page will be updated with additional articles, so keep checking back.