This page contains past articles and blog posts related to Medicare for All and single-payer healthcare systems. Please email your comments or questions to email@example.com
- December 2018 Take It From Me: Tweaks Won't Fix Healthcare Wendell Potter from Common Dreams explains why Democrats should focus on Medicare-for-All
- December 2018 'Easy to Pay for Something That Costs Less': New Study Shows Medicare for All Would Save US $5.1 Trillion Over Ten Years Jake Johnson from Common Dreams illustrates the feasibility of a single payer, Medicare for All insurance system
- November 2018 Private Health Insurer Calls Itself Medicare To Take Advantage Of You (w/ Alex Lawson) Thom Hartmann and Alex Lawson discuss the pros & cons of Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans, and their negative effects on consumers.
- October 2018 Florida Gubernatorial Candidate Andrew Gillum Makes the Case for National Public Health Insurance Florida Gubernatorial Candidate Andrew Gillum talks to Elaine Quijana from CBS about his support of a National Public Health Insurance financing, and why single payer financing is not feasible at the state level.
- October 2018 ‘I Can’t Afford That’: A Viral Tweet Shows Why We Need Medicare for All Helaine Olen from the Washington Post shares one women's painful accident and her refusal of treatment because she could not afford the cost of an ambulance.
- September 2018 States Are Not Waiting on Congress to Expand Medicare to Cover Everybody Wendell Potter from Tarbell wonders when a Medicare for All system will emerge in the United States
- September 2018 Medicare for All makes a Lot of Sense Jeffrey Sachs from CNN examines Medicare-for-All and shares major facts that are missing from the Mercatus report
- September 2018 70% of Americans now support Medicare-for-all—Here's How Single-Payer Could Affect You Yoni Blumberg from CNBC MakeIt reports on what is wrong with our healthcare system and how Medicare-for-All could change things for Americans
- August 2018 In Clear Sign of Progress for Medicare for All Advocates, Insurance and Pharma Giants Build Wall to Defeat Single-Payer by Julia Conley, Common Dreams
- July 2018 Sanders on Trump's Whining About Big Pharma: "Stop Just Talking About High Drug Prices... Do Something" by Jessica Corbett, Common Dreams
- June 2018 Three Ways Corporations Have Captured Healthcare: Is Single Payer Possible When Corporations Run the Government? by MovetoAmend
- June 2018 Is this the year the AMA finally joins the single-payer movement? by Jonathan Michels, Robertha Barnes and Sydney Leed
- June 2018 Single-Payer Health Care is Not Government-Run Health Care by Wayne Merritt
- March 2018 A Labor-Based Movement For Medicare for All by Michael Lightly
- March 2018 Candidate Health Reform Questionnaire by Michele Swenson
- March 2018 Caucus Resolution: Single Public Payer Health Insurance by Michele Swenson
- January 2018 Physicians for Single Payer by Corinne Frugoni and Wendy Ring
- January 2018 Single Payer Could Solve the Rural Hospital Crisis by Frances Gill
- December 2017 Canada's Single-Payer System: What is True? What is False? by Shefali Luthra - Kaiser Health News Kaiser Health News is a nonprofit news service covering health issues. It is an editorially independent program of the Kaiser Family Foundation that is not affiliated with Kaiser Permanente.
- December 2017 Is Single Payer the Answer for the US Health Care System? by Victor R Fuch PhD
- December 2017 Some Doctors Still Billing Medicare for the Most Complicated, Expensive Office Visits by Charles Ornstein and Ryann Grochowski Jones
November 2017 Eliminate Private Medicare Advantage Plan SubsidiesThis article posted by The National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare establishes the need for preserving Traditional Medicare as a viable and financially responsible option to circumvent the rising cost of Part B Medicare premiums
- September 2015 Colorado Commission on Affordable Health Care In a response to the Cost Commission's call for written input, Vince Markovchick, M.D., president of the Health Care for All Colorado Foundation, offered these comments.