This page highlights relevant articles and blog posts written by HCACF Board members, plus links to healthcare articles from other reliable websites. Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org Do you have an article to recommend? Contact us at email@example.com
- Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP)
- Health Care Reform Articles Health Care Reform (Philip Caper, MD)
- Tarbell Health Care Articles Tarbell.org (Wendell Potter)
- Colorado Social Justice events 2019 Calendar (PDA Colorado)
- July 2019 Want a Glimpse of Single-Payer Healthcare? Look at Cuba Niran S. Al-Agba, MD examines the difference between universal coverage and single payer, focusing on why and how universal care is the most effective system. MedPage Today.
- June 2019 Medicare for All Needs a Change of Message: Single Payer is Essential, but Most Voters Still Don’t Get That Even though health care is a basic human right, many challenges and misunderstandings still exist. By Colin McAuliffe, The Nation www.thenation.com
- June 2019 Why We're Fighting the American Medical Association Medical students and working health professionals have had enough; they are tired of the AMA protecting corporate interests instead of fighting for Medicare-for-All. Jonathan Michels, Will Cox, Alankrita Siddula and Rex Tai. The Guardian
- May 2019 Compare Medicare-for-all and Public Plan Proposals Another look at the different healthcare proposals introduced in the 116th Congress. KFF.org
- May 2019 Side-by-Side Comparison of Medicare-for-All and Public Plan Proposals Introduced in the 116th Congress Concise summary of nine (9) plans introduced in the 116th Congress. The summary breaks the plans into four (4) categories: Single Payer/ Medicare-for-All, Public Plan Option/ Federal/Medicare, Medicare Buy-In for Older Adults, Medicaid Buy-In. KFF.org
May 2019 The World’s Cheapest Hospital Has to Get Even Cheaper Ari Altstedter, Bloomberg Business Week. Based on HCACF research and information, this article represents why medical tourism should be promoted under Medicare and not by private insurers.
- April 2019 Future Physicians Endorse Medicare for All The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) issued a statement in support of Medicare-for-All. www.amsa.org
- April 2019 Medicare-for-All: What it Could Mean for U.S. Health Care System Ali Velsh on MSNBC interviews Elisabeth Rosenthal (Kaiser Health News editor-in-chief) about the differences between Single Payer and Medicare-for-All, healthcare spending costs, and government healthcare vs governement health insurance.
- April 2019 People with Serious Health Needs More Likely to Disenroll from Medicare Advantage Plans Diane Archer, Tarbell Board member, analyzes Medicare advantage plans and reasons why people disenroll.