This page highlights relevant articles and blog posts written by HCACF Board members, plus links to healthcare articles from other reliable websites. Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org Do you have an article to recommend? Contact us at email@example.com
- Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP)
- Health Care Reform Articles Health Care Reform (Philip Caper, MD)
- Tarbell Health Care Articles Tarbell.org (Wendell Potter)
- Colorado Social Justice events 2019 Calendar (PDA Colorado)
- May 2019 Side-by-Side Comparison of Medicare-for-All and Public Plan Proposals Introduced in the 116th Congress Concise summary of nine (9) plans introduced in the 116th Congress. The summary breaks the plans into four (4) categories: Single Payer/ Medicare-for-All, Public Plan Option/ Federal/Medicare, Medicare Buy-In for Older Adults, Medicaid Buy-In. KFF.org
May 2019 The World’s Cheapest Hospital Has to Get Even Cheaper Ari Altstedter, Bloomberg Business Week. Based on HCACF research and information, this article represents why medical tourism should be promoted under Medicare and not by private insurers.
- April 2019 Future Physicians Endorse Medicare for All The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) issued a statement in support of Medicare-for-All. www.amsa.org
- April 2019 Medicare-for-All: What it Could Mean for U.S. Health Care System Ali Velsh on MSNBC interviews Elisabeth Rosenthal (Kaiser Health News editor-in-chief) about the differences between Single Payer and Medicare-for-All, healthcare spending costs, and government healthcare vs governement health insurance.
- April 2019 People with Serious Health Needs More Likely to Disenroll from Medicare Advantage Plans Diane Archer, Tarbell Board member, analyzes Medicare advantage plans and reasons why people disenroll.
- March 2019 Support for Medicare For All SURGING In Red States Farron Cousins from The Ring of Fire talks about the increase of support for Universal Healthcare, even among people who don't back Socialism.
- March 2019 Beating the Big Pharma Shell Game Fran Quigley from Common Dreams explains how Big Pharma is fighting back against the strong campaign to fix the broken medicine crisis.
- March 2019 Side-by-Side Comparison of Medicare-for-All and Public Plan Proposals Introduced in the 115th Congress Concise summary of eight (8) plans offered by the 115th Congress. The summary points out that all plans avoid addressing cost containment and financing, critical items needed to assure high quality at a reduced price. 2018 KFF Report.