This page contains past articles and blog posts related to Medicare for All and single-payer healthcare systems. Please email your comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 2019 Big Money Agenda: Democracy on the Brink 2018 film that covers Big Money in everything from healthcare reform to campaign financing. Richard Master, executive producer. Posted on Vimeo by Thomas Mark
- August 2019 Eating Away at Workers' Wages, Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Costs Soared by 121% Since 1999: Analysis Jake Johnson examines the numbers of how health insurance costs affect wages, CommonDreams
- July 2019 Medicare for All Talking Points Confused about the Medicare-for-all rhetoric? Check out Public Citizen's Talking Points page. www.citizen.org
- July 2019 Want a Glimpse of Single-Payer Healthcare? Look at Cuba Niran S. Al-Agba, MD examines the difference between universal coverage and single payer, focusing on why and how universal care is the most effective system. MedPage Today.
- June 2019 Medicare for All Needs a Change of Message: Single Payer is Essential, but Most Voters Still Don’t Get That Even though health care is a basic human right, many challenges and misunderstandings still exist. By Colin McAuliffe, The Nation www.thenation.com
- June 2019 Why We're Fighting the American Medical Association Medical students and working health professionals have had enough; they are tired of the AMA protecting corporate interests instead of fighting for Medicare-for-All. Jonathan Michels, Will Cox, Alankrita Siddula and Rex Tai. The Guardian
- May 2019 Compare Medicare-for-all and Public Plan Proposals Another look at the different healthcare proposals introduced in the 116th Congress. KFF.org
- May 2019 Side-by-Side Comparison of Medicare-for-All and Public Plan Proposals Introduced in the 116th Congress Concise summary of nine (9) plans introduced in the 116th Congress. The summary breaks the plans into four (4) categories: Single Payer/ Medicare-for-All, Public Plan Option/ Federal/Medicare, Medicare Buy-In for Older Adults, Medicaid Buy-In. KFF.org
- May 2019 The World’s Cheapest Hospital Has to Get Even Cheaper Ari Altstedter, Bloomberg Business Week. Based on HCACF research and information, this article represents why medical tourism should be promoted under Medicare and not by private insurers plans and reasons why people disenroll.
- April 2019 Future Physicians Endorse Medicare for All The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) issued a statement in support of Medicare-for-All. www.amsa.org
- April 2019 Medicare-for-All: What it Could Mean for U.S. Health Care System Ali Velsh on MSNBC interviews Elisabeth Rosenthal (Kaiser Health News editor-in-chief) about the differences between Single Payer and Medicare-for-All, healthcare spending costs, and government healthcare vs government health insurance.
- April 2019 People with Serious Health Needs More Likely to Disenroll from Medicare Advantage Plans Diane Archer, Tarbell Board member, analyzes Medicare advantage plans and reasons why people disenroll.
- March 2019 Support for Medicare For All SURGING In Red States Farron Cousins from The Ring of Fire talks about the increase of support for Universal Healthcare, even among people who don't back Socialism.
- March 2019 Beating the Big Pharma Shell Game Fran Quigley from Common Dreams explains how Big Pharma is fighting back against the strong campaign to fix the broken medicine crisis.
- March 2019 Side-by-Side Comparison of Medicare-for-All and Public Plan Proposals Introduced in the 115th Congress Concise summary of eight (8) plans offered by the 115th Congress. The summary points out that all plans avoid addressing cost containment and financing, critical items needed to assure high quality at a reduced price. 2018 KFF Report.
- February 2019 Meet the propaganda outfit fighting against Medicare For All The Potter Report Podcast with Wendell Potter and Joey Rettino, discusses the propaganda in the media speaking out against Medicare-for-All.
- February 2019 'Everybody In, Nobody Out': What We Know So Far About the Medicare for All Act of 2019 Benjamin Day, Executive Director of HealthCare-Now and Mark Dudzic, National Coordinator of Labor Campaign for Single Payer, provide their perspectives on the forthcoming improved and revised single-payer